Friday, June 18, 2010

Phoenix

Who would have thought,
We’d be taking this path, walking together,Living this nightmare of our own.
Who would have known, you were that star, that sent us the strength, to yell we’ll get past this fight.
I thought it was you, the gift yet the trial, we have you now, you landed right where you belong.
We’ll keep you safe don’t be scared, it’s here where you will stay.
I knew someday that I would love, I didn’t know it would be so strong, But your worth it all.
Don’t stop, just keep running to the place that your soul fits, small but needed, your worth it.
Don’t doubt that.

I know at times it hurts; your heart is torn, the questions running through your mind.
Before you landed there were testing times, nothing prepares you for what lay ahead.
Rest assured that’s why your here,
right here and now, were here with you,
and were not leaving,
You keep running
Ill take you hand and guide you.
I understand you.

It’s taking time, but with us, so close, never far, you need not worry, were in your reach.
Here’s our gift, the gift of trust, we offer this to you no cost,
Rest those wicked thoughts.
Your worried mind that ticks and takes its toll on your tiny sole, with us were never far.

I knew some day that I would hurt; I didn’t know it would be so rough, but you’re worth it all.
Don’t stop, just keep running to the places that your soul fits,
small but needed,
close your eyes,
rest those thoughts,
rest your head,
we’ll be here,
right beside you,
never far.

No comments:

Post a Comment