Monday, March 29, 2010

Ive never like tomato soup.. Yuck!

Until one night i had a dish at a friends which had been made in (unknowing to me) Tomato Soup!

Today, I still couldn't possibly eat a bowl of it, but i have a new found love of cooking meals with it.

The dish i made a few nights ago with the meat in gravy, i also use for this one too. Just swap the chicken for meat. Lamb shanks work extremely well for this one!


But tonight, Baby and I want chicken!


This is my first attempt at making this, and the recipe is coming straight from my cravings.. so ill do my best at explaining it.



I'm using a cup and a bit of frozen veggies. I'm not a huge fan of the frozen stuff, but at the moment.. its all we have in the freezer!


Ive thickly sliced some Capsicum and onion and the reason Ive done them think is because they cook very well when in the mixture like that.



Pour half a tin of soup in to a oven proof dish and lay the chicken breast down. sprinkle veggies over the chicken and soup, then tip the rest of the can in.


Lay the onion and capsicum down and pour the other tin. (I use 2 tins and sometime a half a can of water so i can use the sauce as a 'gravy' over my spuds)


Simply put in the oven and bake for about an hour and a half. And tonight i served it with smashed spuds (A new family fav!).










Even Miss .14 demolished her dinner!

And Mr 25 has just polished off the above...
I 'think' it was a hit!
xN


No comments:

Post a Comment